The Seamaster ITTF World Tour has been increasing its reach and global interest over recent years.
2017 sees an increase in prize money after a successful 2016 when the tour experienced significant broadcast and engagement levels:
- 20 TV broadcasters in 80 countries
- 3,900 hours of the World Tour broadcasted, including 62.5 hours on China’s national broadcaster CCTV
- 16 million video views of 2016 ITTF World Tour online videos
- Over $200 million US Dollars in TV media value for the World Tour (data from CSM / Kantar Sports)
This is an exciting new era with the Seamaster 2017 ITTF World Tour created with new branding, a new logo, a new format and now together with Seamaster, the highest ever prize money.
2017 has 12 events, with the 6 Platinum events boasting higher prize money and the world’s best players battling it out for glory.
The 6 ITTF World Tour Platinum events will take place between February and November:
- Doha, Qatar: 23-26 February 2017
- Tokyo, Japan: 16-18 June 2017
- Chengdu, China: 22-25 June 2017
- Brisbane, Australia: 4-7 July 2017
- Linz, Austria: 21-24 September 2017
- Magdeburg, Germany 10-12 November 2017
With 6 more World Tour events through the year:
- Budapest, Hungary: 19-22 January 2017
- New Delhi, India: 16-19 February 2017
- Incheon, Korea: 20-23 April 2017
- Olomouc, Czech Republic: 24-27 August 2017
- Panagyurishte, Bulgaria: 17-20 August 2017
- Stockholm, Sweden: 16-19 November 2017
The top players from the Seamaster 2017 ITTF World Tour events earn their golden ticket to the prestigious World Tour Grand Finals at the end of the calendar year in December.