The ITTF World Table Tennis Championships is the jewel of the ITTF competition calendar that stretches back to 1926. Individual and Team World Championships alternate each year.
At the Liebherr 2019 World Championships, spectacular table tennis performances entertained a packed hall at the Hungexpo in Budapest, as the players gun for the prestigious titles and their place in the history books.
Whilst more than 5,000 fans were in the venue watching the stories unfold in Budapest, over 265.07 million viewers watched on TV and OTT channels around the world.
Additional stats and data points confirm that we are reaching and engaging with more and more fans year-on-year. For #ITTFWorlds2019, we experienced:
- 145 countries with TV & OTT broadcast
- 265.07 million TV viewers around the world
- 50.4 million Weibo post views and over 500 million impressions of the 2019 World Championships hashtag
- 80.57 million YouTube impressions, with 8.6 million video views and over 34.7 million minutes viewed
- 27.6 million Facebook Impressions, with reach of 18.6 million and video views of 5.7 million
- 20 millionTwitter Impressions and 23.5 million on Instagram
- 1.05 million visitors to ITTF.com over 8 days
We look forward to making even further strides next April at the 2020 World Team Championships in Busan, Korea. More details will be released soon. Partnership opportunities details are available here.
Just can’t get enough? Here’s a flashback to the incredible scenes at the memorable Liebherr 2018 World Team Championships in Halmstaad, Sweden:
And definitely not to forget the record smashing media statistics of #ITTFWorlds2018: