The ITTF World Table Tennis Championships is the jewel of the ITTF competition calendar that stretches back to 1926. Individual and Team World Championships alternate each year.
At the Liebherr 2017 World Championships, Legends of the table tennis world entertained a full Messe Düsseldorf venue, securing the lucrative titles and taking their place in the history books.
Whilst more than 58,000 fans were in the venue watching the stories unfold in Düsseldorf, 355.6 million viewers watched on TV and OTT channels around the world.
Additional stats and data points confirm that we are reaching and engaging with more and more fans year-on-year. For #ITTFWorlds2017, we experienced:
- 122 countries with TV & OTT broadcast
- 355.6 million TV viewers around the world
- 240 million Weibo impressions
- 34.7 million Facebook Impressions, with reach of 10.3 million and engagement of 4.9 million
- 3.3 million Twitter Impressions and 7.5 million on Instagram
- 2.4 million views on YouTube with 4.4 million minutes viewed
- 640,000 unique visitors to ITTF.com
- 12,400 media articles
We look forward to making even further strides next April at the Liebherr 2018 World Team Championships in Halmstad, Sweden. Details are available on the event website here.
And just a flashback to the incredible scenes at the memorable Perfect 2016 World Team Championships in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: