The ITTF now has over 3.4 million engaged fans across owned social media platforms.
On Facebook, we have an average of 17.5 million monthly reach and YouTube monthly average views of 5 million. In January 2019, the ITTF surpassed 2 million followers on Sina Weibo in China.
The Liebherr 2019 ITTF World Table Tennis Championships broke social engagement records for table tennis when #ITTFWorlds2019 achieved:
- 500 million Weibo impressions for #2019世乒赛#
- 27.6 million Facebook impressions, with reach of 18.6 million and over 5.7 million video views
- 20 million Twitter impressions and 23.6 million impressions on Instagram
- 8.6 million views on YouTube with 34.7 million minutes viewed
- 1.05 million visitors to ITTF.com over 8 days
- 43 million video views, 119 million article impressions and 700 million video impressions on Toutiao.com
Our fans enjoy a variety of table tennis videos from the ridiculous rallies, to the funny antics, as well as videos of how table tennis has changed people’s lives. Some of our YouTube content has been viewed between 3 and 13 million times.
ITTF also aims to create engaging content and to bring the players closer to the fans like with Qoros Driving with the Stars: