The Hopes Squad allows 10 girls and 10 boys along with their coaches to continue on the Hopes pathway, offering them the opportunity to participate in at least one follow-up activity in the first half of 2022. The selected players are:
- Hansini MATHAN RAJAN (IND – Asia)
- Baran ARJMAND (IRI – Asia)
- Kulapassr VIJITVIRIYAGUL (THA – Asia)
- Zaza HEND (SYR – Asia)
- Nina GUO ZHENG (FRA – Europe)
- Hanka KODETOVA (CZE – Europe)
- Mandy YU (USA – Americas)
- Tashiya PIYADASA (USA – Americas)
- Andreea BAIASU (ROU – Europe)
- 10.Sofiia CHUMARNA (UKR – Europe)
- Komeil NIKNEJAD DIVSHALI (IRI – Asia)
- Enrique Yezue RIOS TORRES (PUR – Americas)
- Alexandru ISTRATE (ROU – Europe)
- Mihai NAGY (ROU – Europe)
- Jakub KABELKA (CZE – Europe)
- Emanuel OTÁLVARO GARCIA (COL – Americas)
- Ryan LIN (USA – Americas)
- Yasin ELSERAFY (EGY – Africa)
- Parth PRABHAKAR (IND – Asia)
- 10.Youssef AIDLI (TUN – Africa)
To retain their position in the Hopes Squad, selected and potential players will have to demonstrate consistent commitment to regular training and participation in international events, such as the WTT Youth Series, as performance and world ranking will factor into the evaluation of the continued status of a player in the Hopes Squad.
Upon conclusion of all follow-up activities, ITTF High Performance will announce the selection of 4 girls and 4 boys to continue the Hopes Pathway as the Hopes Team.
Due to the exceptional circumstances generated by the global COVID-19 pandemic, certain players selected through the “Hopes Around The Clock” and the Continental phase for the 2021 World Hopes Week & Challenge will also be considered for future activities.