The Principles and Values of Clean Sport is the fourth topic in the five-part webinar series hosted by the International Testing Agency.
It is a subject that concerns everyone in sport, table tennis is no exception; all members of the table tennis family are strongly urged to register.
Items on the agenda are:
- How do you, personally, make clean sport decisions?
- Did you know that personal and sport values affect decision-making?
- Learn more about yourself and about the values that are most important to you and your fellow athletes.
- The physical, mental, social and economic consequences of doping.
Players, coaches and all involved are strongly advised to attend the webinars; conducted in English, simultaneous translation being available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish. Those who attend all five sessions will receive a certificate from the ITA.
It is important that participants sign up for each session using the links below as they are stand-alone webinars. Registered participants can also replay the sessions.
All five sessions commence at 14.00 hours (CET) and last for one hour.
- Thursday 10th November: Introduction to anti-doping: overview of the system, rights and responsibilities, ADRVs
- Thursday 17th November: The Doping Control Process: includes testing procedures (urine and blood) and ABP
- Thursday 24th November: Medications, Supplements, Prohibited List and TUEs: includes the Principle of Strict Liability
- Thursday 1st December: Principles and Values of Clean Sport: includes sanctions, consequences and speaking up
- Thursday 8th December: Out-of-Competition Testing: Includes requirements of RTP/TP, whereabouts, use of ADAMS
The International Testing Agency was established in March 2017, following the proposal made by the International Olympic Committee at the Olympic Summit held in October 2015. Non-profit making, based in Lausanne, the organisation became fully operational in July 2018.