The 23 candidates for the for the International Table Tennis Federation’s Athletes’ Commission were unveiled today:
- ABO YAMAN Zaid (JOR, athlete)
- ACHANTA Sharath Kamal (IND, athlete)
- ALAMIYAN Noshad (IRI, athlete)
- ASSAR Omar (EGY, athlete)
- DVORAK Galia (ESP, athlete)
- FEGERL Stefan (AUT, athlete)
- HANFFOU Sarah (CMR, athlete)
- ISHIKAWA Kasumi (JPN, athlete)
- JANG Woojin (KOR, athlete)
- LAWSON Fessou (TGO, athlete)
- LIU Shiwen (CHN, athlete)
- LOEUILLETTE Stephanie (FRA, athlete)
- MADRID Marcos (MEX, athlete)
- MOHAMMADI Fatemeh (IRI, para-athlete)
- PERSSON Jon (SWE, athlete)
- PRIMORAC Zoran (CRO, athlete)
- RIOS Daniely (PUR, athlete)
- SAMARA Elizabeta (ROU, athlete)
- SEOANE Alberto (ESP, para-athlete, standing)
- TAPPER Melissa (AUS, athlete)
- VAN ZON Kelly (NED, para-athlete, standing)
- VEGA Paulina (CHI, athlete)
- ZHAO Shuai (CHN, para-athlete, standing)
According to regulations, campaigning is now open and voting takes place from Monday 7 to Sunday 13 November.
The successful candidates will be announced on Monday 14th November.
A total of 10 places are open for the commission, serving a term of four years, the criteria is as follows:
- Eight athletes who have competed in at least one World Championships or World Team Championships since 2014; each continent – Africa, Asia, Americas, Europe, Oceania – is eligible for at least one representative. Both genders must be represented.
- Two Para athletes, one standing and one wheelchair, who have competed in at least one Para World Championships since 2014. The registration period for wheelchair para-athletes candidates will be extended by one week.
All members of the Athletes’ Commission will be invited to the forthcoming ITTF Summit in December in Amman, Jordan. At the summit, the commission along with IOC Athletes’ Commission member Ryu Seung-Min, will elect two chairs to sit on the ITTF Executive Committee. For the first time the two chairs will be one man and one woman to ensure gender parity.
Full information about the Athletes’ Commission election can be found here.