Organised by the ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee, Singapore will be the home for an International Referees School; proceedings commence at 10.00 am on Friday 18th November and conclude at 3.00 pm on Monday 21st November.
Venue for the four days is the Aqueen Hotel, Paya Lebar.
Participants must fulfill the following criteria:
- qualified as an international umpire for at least two years
- passed the ITTF Advanced Rules Examination since 2019
- qualified as a National Referee under a member association’s scheme, or completed the ITTF National Referee course
- proven refereeing experience at three national championships or two international events
- competence in the English language
- conversant with the ITTF Handbook for Referees & ITTF Handbook 2022
- meet all travel and hospitality costs plus US$ 90.00 course fee
The course, in addition to the written examination, will be conducted in English; the decision as to qualification depends on three main items:
- prior refereeing experience
- marks gained in the examination
- an oral interview
Accommodation at Aqueen Hotel
- Single Room: SGD 130 per night including breakfast
- Twin Room: SGD 145 per night including breakfast
The course conductors are Werner Thury, Chair of the ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee and Referee at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games alongside Ronald Wee, a most experienced match official who made his first major appearance in the role of Referee at the Osaka 2001 World Championships and umpired the men’s singles final at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.
Applications must be made via member associations no later than Saturday 15th October 2022.
- Werner Thury (Course Requirements) Email: [email protected]
- Chew Kee Hou (Organisational Arrangements): Email: [email protected]