Following a period of postponed activities owing to the pandemic, an International Referee School will be held in the Finnish capital city of Helsinki from Thursday 13th to Sunday 16th October.
Werner Thury, Chair of the ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee and Referee for the table tennis events at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will lead proceedings.
The four day seminar, including end of course written examination will be conducted in English. Alongside the written examination, qualification will depend on an interview and refereeing experience at international level.
In order to attend, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Occupied International Umpire status for at least two years.
- Passed the ITTF Advanced Rules Examination in the previous three years (2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022).
- Qualified as a National Referee under a member association’s referee education and qualification programme or successfully having passed the ITTF National Referee course and examination at least two years previous.
- Proven referee experience at three National Championships or two international events (at least one as the Referee).
- Competence in English.
- Well versed in the “ITTF Handbook for Referees” and “ITTF Handbook 2022”.
- Provide own travel and hospitality costs in addition to the €90.00 course fee.
Nominations should be submitted via their member association no later than Wednesday 31st August 2022.
Werner Thury, Chair ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee
Tel: 43 699 11032189 Email: [email protected]
For organisational arrangements
Asko Rasinen, Chair Finnish Table Tennis Association Umpires and Referees Committee
Email: [email protected]