It’s time to meet the man who thinks 24/7 about table tennis, ITTF CEO Steve Dainton. In typical Australian fashion, Steve is cooking a barbeque dinner on his balcony when Adam Bobrow gives him a call!
Putting aside his cooking duties momentarily, Steve spends the next 45 minutes covering a range of topics that concern the world of table tennis, the sport that has been his lifelong passion and at the forefront of his professional career to date.
This interview is also an opportunity to get to know Steve the man, such as his childhood beginnings in the sport and his decision to learn Chinese – a skill that has served him well in communicating directly with officials of table tennis’ leading nation.
Then of course there are the burning topics that everyone is eager to know more about:
- What is the latest situation for table tennis amidst the COVID-19 crisis?
- Why has World Table Tennis been created and what will be the biggest effects?
- What is the future of the World Table Tennis Championships?
- What is being done to take the women’s game to the next level?
- How will the sport become a stronger visual product on TV and online media platforms?
- What is the long-term dream for table tennis?
- …and more!
The keenest viewers among you will then be treated to some golden nuggets, in which Steve reveals which players he loves watching the most as well as his predictions for the Tokyo Olympic Games.
This is an interview that covers all the bases, full of exclusive insight into the comings and goings at the ITTF and the sport at large.