In 2020, 34 events are open to bid as follows:
- 4 World Junior Circuit Golden Series
- 10 World Junior Circuit Premium Events
- 20 World Junior Circuit Regular Events
- Showcase your city to the world through ITTF’s TV partners worldwide and on ITTF’s online streaming platform, itTV.
- Reach out to approximately 3 million ITTF social media followers globally.
- Develop youth players and umpires to enter international event scene.
- Inspire the next generation of table tennis champions.
- Great way to start off hosting higher level events.
- Create an affordable and iconic legacy event for your city.
In 2020, be part of our history and do not miss the chance to be among the organisers of our new World Junior Circuit!
About ITTF World Junior Circuit
The first year of the ITTF World Junior Circuit was 2002 when four events were staged:
- Platja d’Aro (ESP): Bence Csaba (CAN) won the Boys’ Singles title; Sayaka Hirano (JPN) won the Girls’ Singles title;
- Taiyuan (CHN): Yang Xiofu (CHN) and Peng Lyang (CHN);
- Fort Lauderdale (USA): Bence Csaba (CAN) and Ai Fukuhara (JPN);
- Lima (PER): Gustavo Tsuboi (BRA) and Georgina Pota (HUN).
Furthermore, An Jaehyun (KOR), who recently beat all the odds to clinch the bronze medal at the 2019 World Championships, was ranked fifth in the World Junior Ranking U18 and was nicknamed “Doubles Master” in Junior Events.
The Cadet Girls’ Singles event in 2013 also witnessed the success of Adriana Diaz: in 2019, she became the first Latin American player to reach the third round of the Women’s Singles Event in World Championships history.
Since 2002, more than 500 World Junior Circuit events have been organised across the world.