by Ian Marshall, ITTF Publications Manager
The support is made possible thanks the Singapore Table Tennis Association Endowment Fund, which was set up for national players in 2010 to look after their future well-being. The Fund accumulates for every year the athletes are in the Singapore national team, a sum of $5,000 being deposited annually; the fund may be used for tertiary education or any post-career opportunities.
In order to qualify, players must be members of the national team for a minimum of three years.
“I would like to thank the Singapore Table Tennis Association for looking after my well-being after my retirement from the sport. I am pleased and very thankful to have received this Youth Endowment Fund. It will have a significant impact on my future development plans and will allow me to further my professional career. Once again, thank you.” Pang Xue Jie
The presentation was made at the closing ceremony for the Crocodile Challenge Cup, held from held from Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th May at the Velocity at Novena Square.
Impressively, a total of 56 primary schools participated. Notably 10 were present for the first time; present for the finals was Ms Low Yen Ling, Senior Parliamentary Secretary at the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Manpower.
The presentation ceremony for the Crocodile Cup (Photo: courtesy of Singapore Table Tennis Association)
Roll of Honour
Girls’ Singles: First and Second Years
1. Janelle Chiang Ruien (Kong Hwa Primary School)
2. Loy Ming Ying (Ellias Park Primary School)
3. Xu Xin Ran (Nanyang Primary School)
Boys’ Singles: First and Second Years
1. Benaiah Seah Shih Luck (Pei Chun Public School
2. Lian Yun Hao (Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School)
3. Lau Yi Yuan Benjamin (Nanyang Primary School)
Girls’ Singles: Third and Fourth Years
1. Eudora Lee Eng Kee (Nan Hua Primary School)
2. Sarah Wong Yu Wen (Raffles Girls’ Primary School)
3. Liu Man Yu (Ai Tong School)
Boys’ Singles: Third and Fourth Years
1. Ellsworth Le (Anglo-Chinese School Junior)
2. Ng Hong Siu Aron (Nanyang Primary School)
3. Zhou Jing He (Nanyang Primary School)
Girls’ Singles: Fifth and Sixth Years
1. Ser Lin Qian (Nanyang Primary School)
2. Chan Lu Wen (Chu Saint Nicholas Girls’ School)
3. Lynel Chiang (Ai Tong School)
Boys’ Singles: Fifth and Sixth Years
1. Izaac Quek Yong (Ai Tong School)
2. Xu Bing Xian (Nanyang Primary School)
3. Nicholas Tan (Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School)
2018 Crocodile Challenge Cup: Full Results