This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring young media professionals to gain valuable experience at one of the world’s biggest events, working for an International Federation.
The candidate will have full access to all media facilities and players, and be part a full member of the ITTF media team, which will provide an exceptional rewarding experience for the selected candidate.
The ITTF is looking for recent university undergraduates or graduates in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have an interest in sports, table tennis and large sporting events.
The candidate must have a good level of English proficiency (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus.
The candidate must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
- Writing feature articles on ITTF.com;
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
- Organize creative video filming with the players;
- Assisting with the writing of press releases;
- Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune;
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
The Liebherr 2018 World Team Table Tennis Championships will see the world’s best table tennis players battle for the honor to be crowned World Team Champions. The local and international media interest is going to be immense, which will be a great experience for the selected intern.
To understand the scope of the last event, here are some statistics from Liebherr 2017 World Championships in Dusseldorf, Germany, which was followed by more than 355.6 million people:
- TV & OTT Broadcast : 122 Countries
- TV Viewership in China : 320.43 million
- Worldwide TV Viewership : 355.6 million
- ITTF.com Unique Visitors : 640,000
- itTV Viewership : 810,000
- Total Facebook Reach : 10.3 million
- Facebook Impressions : 34.7 million
- Facebook Engagement : 4.9 million
- Facebook Video Views : 4.3 million views, 2.7 million minutes viewed
- Twitter Impressions : 3.3 million
- Instagram Impressions : 7.5 million
- Youtube Video Views : 2.4 million views, 4.4 million minutes viewed
- Weibo Impressions : 240 million
- Media Articles : 12,400
Working Conditions and Accommodation
The ITTF offers hospitality and accommodation on site in an official hotel of the Liebherr 2018 World Team Table Tennis Championships, as well as full airfare reimbursement.
To apply for the ITTF media internship position, please fill out this form:
Applications should be sent to the ITTF before 15 March 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact ITTF’s Promotions Manager Caifeng Yang at [email protected].