The candidate will be given full access to all media facilities and players, as a full member of the ITTF media team, which will provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to gain valuable experience at one of the world’s biggest sports events, working for an International Federation.
The ITTF is looking for university undergraduates or recent graduates in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have a strong interest in sports, table tennis and large sporting events.
The candidate must have a strong command of English (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus.
The candidate must also be comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
- Writing feature articles on ITTF.com;
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
- Organize creative video filming with the players & the video crew;
- Assisting with the writing of daily press releases;
- Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune;
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
The Liebherr 2019 World Table Tennis Championships is set to be the most followed table tennis event in history with immense amount of interest from local and international media, as well as millions of fans worldwide.
To understand the scope of the last individuals World Table Tennis Championships, here are some statistics from the Liebherr 2017 World Table Tennis Championships in Düsseldorf, Germany, which was followed by more than 355.6 million people on TV:
- TV & OTT Broadcast: 122 Countries
- TV Viewership in China: 320.43 million
- Worldwide TV Viewership: 355.6 million
- ITTF.com Unique Visitors: 640,000
- tv.ITTF.com Viewership: 810,000
- Total Facebook Reach: 10.3 million
- Facebook Impressions: 34.7 million
- Facebook Engagement: 4.9 million
- Facebook Video Views: 4.3 million views, 2.7 million minutes viewed
- Twitter Impressions: 3.3 million
- Instagram Impressions: 7.5 million
- Youtube Video Views: 2.4 million views, 4.4 million minutes viewed
- Weibo Impressions: 240 million
- Media Articles: 12,400
Working Conditions and Accommodation
The ITTF offers hospitality and accommodation on site in an official hotel of the Liebherr 2019 World Table Tennis Championships, as well as full airfare contribution for the media intern.
Interested candidates can apply for the ITTF media internship position through:
All applications should be sent to the ITTF before 15 March 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact ITTF Promotions Manager Caifeng Yang at [email protected].