By Neha Aggarwal
USA Table Tennis invites all nations to compete at the 2016 US Open Championship to be held at Las Vegas,Nevada, USA from 12-17th December 2016. The event is open to all members of USATT and to members of ITTF affiliated associations. USATT is now accepting all online entries.
The winner of Men’s Singles and Women’s Singles will be awarded $4000, runners-up will be awarded $2000 and semi finalists will be awarded $1000 each.
The US Open will be conducted under the ITTF Laws, specifically Chapter 3 of the ITTF Handbook Section 3.5.3, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168.
Send your entries to: USA Table Tennis, 4065 Sinton Rd, Suite 120 Colorado Springs, Colorado, CO 80907, USA.
Early Bird Entry Deadline: Postmarked no later than November 6, 2016 (Entry fees increase $10 per event on 11/7/2016)
Final Entry Deadline: November 20, 2016. Entries postmarked after November 20, 2016 will not be accepted.
Confirmation of entry: Confirmation of receipt of entry will be placed online at USATT.ORG in the U.S. Open section. Names will be posted within 14 days after receiving your entry. USATT will not be responsible for entries lost in the mail. If you mailed your entry form in and do not see your name after 21 days, please contact USATT at 719-866- 4583 x 5. A $30 processing fee will be changed on all returned checks.
Download the 2016 US OPEN Entry Form.
USATT offers two hotel choices:
- The LINQ Hotel and Casino (To reserve by phone, call : +1-866-523-2781; Group Code: DQTTD6)
- Hotel FLAMINGO (To reserve by phone, call : +1-888-373-9855; Group Code: DFTTD6)
For online reservations visit : https://resweb.passkey.com/go/DQTTD6
Download the Official Hotel Information.
There are a total of 94 events. The events that are ITTF approved and that count for the ITTF Official World ranking are:
- Men’s Singles
- Women’s Singles
- Under-21 Men’s Singles
- Under-21 Women’s Singles
- Junior Boys’ Singles
- Junior Girls’ Singles
- Cadet Boys’ Singles
- Cadet Girls’ Singles
- 9 and Under—Must be born on or after January 1, 2007
- 11 and Under—Must be born on or after January 1, 2005
- 13 and Under– Must be born on or after January 1, 2003
- Cadet Events—Must be born on or after January 1, 2001
- Junior Events—Must be born on or after January 1, 1998
- Under 21—Must be born on or after January 1, 1995
- Players must be Over 30, Over 40, Over 50, Over 60, Over 65, Over 70, Over 75, and Over 80 as of December 31, 2016 to participate in these events.
Proof of age must be readily available at the tournament.
Players may enter a maximum of nine events, but may not enter two events starting at the same time. All matches, both singles and doubles, will be scheduled in advance in each event. Player will receive notification when they register. Players will not be allowed to enter events after the final deadline or at the tournament, nor will substitutions be allowed except for the Doubles events.
United Airlines is the Official Airlines Sponsor of USATT. You may obtain a discount on domestic and international flights booked for participants in the 2016 U.S. Open in Las Vegas, NV. You will need to make your reservation over the phone:
- United Olympic Desk Hours of Operation & Reservation Fees: 800-841-0460
- If you are located outside the U.S. and Canada, call 313-234-6940
- Timings: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm (CT)
- The standard $25 telephone reservation fee is waived
- For immediate assistance with existing reservations outside of normal business hours call 800-864-8331
- For the domestic 50 states and Canada, customers may receive a 2 – 10% discount, depending on the booking class. For international travel, customers may receive a 5 or 10% discount, depending on booking class.
For any further assistance please contact USA Table Tennis at:
Phone number: +1- 719-866-4583 Ext. 5
See you in Las Vegas!