The ITTF introduced the ITTF Coach Accreditation scheme in 2004
The ITTF-PTT Level 1 Coaching Manual forms the basis, containing syllabus and course material for:
- Community Leader Course-3 hours
- School Teacher Course-6 hours
- Club Coach Course-12 hours
- ITTF-PTT Level 1Course-30 hours
- All courses are cumulative
Community Leader, School Teacher and Club Coach are “participation” courses only, meaning attendance is the only requirement for certification, and there is no formal testing or evaluation. As such these courses are not officially recognized by the ITTF as a coaching qualification.
ITTF-PTT Level 1 is the first level officially recognized by ITTF and has the following requirements:
- Attendance at 30 hour course conducted by an ITTF approved Course Conductor
- 10 minute Coaching Practical presentation during the course. A “PASS” is required to be eligible for ITTF-PTT Level 1
- After the course, 30 hours coaching practice must be completed. This coaching practice should be predominantly group coaching benefiting the table tennis community or junior or school groups.
- From the 30 hours coaching practice, 5 hours must be supervised by the ITTF Course Conductor or a person appointed by the ITTF Course Conductor. This supervisor evaluates each coach using the “Confidential Coaching Report” [pages 299-301 of the ITTF-PTT Level 1 Manual] This must be approved by the ITTF Course Conductor, who provides the certificates if all requirements are met.
If a coach attended the ITTF-PTT Level 1 Course but failed any of the requirements, the Club Coach certificate will be awarded.
Coaches receive only one certificate [the highest for which they are eligible].
Community Leader, School Teacher or Club Coach are presented immediately after the course for those coaches ineligible for ITTF-PTT level 1.
ITTF-PTT Level 1 are presented at a later date once requirements are met. [This is to ensure only those that actually coach and have been evaluated receive ITTF accreditation]
ITTF Level 2,ITTF Level 3 and ITTF High Performance all use the ITTF Advanced Coaching Manual.
ITTF High Performance will be available by the end of the quadrennial.
Please see the following links: