This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for aspiring young media professionals to gain experience at one of the world’s biggest events, working for an International Federation.
Each candidate will have full access to all media facilities and players, and be a full member of the ITTF media team, which will provide an exceptional rewarding experience for the selected candidates.
The ITTF is looking for recent university undergraduates or graduates in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management (or equivalent), who have an interest in sports, table tennis and large sporting events.
Candidates must have a good level of English proficiency (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus.
Candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes;
- Writing feature articles on ITTF.com;
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media;
- Organize creative video filming with the players;
- Assisting with the writing of press releases;
- Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram);
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event;
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune;
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
The Liebherr 2017 World Table Tennis Championships will see the world’s best table tennis players battle for the honor to be crowned World Champions. The local and international media interest is going to be immense, which will be a great experience for the selected interns.
To understand the scope of the last event, here are some statistics from Perfect 2016 World Championships in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which was followed by more than 330 million people:
- Countries that broadcasted the event live on TV: 90
- CCTV viewers: 190 million
- ITTF.com unique visitors over 8 days: 3,717,648
- ITTF.com hits: 351,440,511
- itTV unique visitors over 8 days: 735,500
- 728 matches on itTV
- People who saw content on ITTF’s Facebook: 19,756,881
- Youtube views: 3 million
- Countries that watched content on ITTF’s Youtube: 144
- Minutes watched on Youtube: 14,031,654 minutes
- Accredited media: 500
- Media articles: 15,000
Working Conditions and Accommodation
The ITTF offers hospitality and accommodation on site in an official hotel of the Liebherr 2017 World Table Tennis Championships, as well as partial airfare contribution.
To apply for one of the ITTF Media internship positions, please fill out this form:https://www.ittf.com/2017-wttc-internships/
Applications should be sent to the ITTF before 9 April 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact ITTF’s Head of Communications Matt Pound at firstname.lastname@example.org.